Languages at Work Program
Managed by La Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française, Languages at Work is a joint initiative of the Explore program and Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages.
Designed for Explore bursary recipients, Languages at Work offers them unique opportunities to continue learning their second language in a professional context.
This summer,UBC will be hosting 180 francophones students that want to improve their English skills. Following the completion of the 5 weeks immersion program, the bursary recipient could have the opportunity to stay in Vancouver for 7 weeks and work for a local business.
Have any questions ? Contact Pierre-Luc Lanteigne, Languages at Work coordinator.
• Provide meaningful summer employment opportunities to Explore bursary recipients ;
• Provide participants with the opportunity to increase their knowledge and appreciation of their second language while discovering a new region of the country.
• From 18 to 30 years old
• Have Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status;
• Be an Explore bursary recipient ;
• Available to work after the Explore program session;
• Interested in working in your second language.
• Must offer a meaningful work experience;
• Must hire a young student from another part of Canada who is already in the Explore program;
• Must offer guidance and orientation;
• Must be able to pay the student’s salary before receiving the YCW contribution
WHAT THE PROGRAM PROVIDES
• Transportation : the return trip’s change fee is covered;
• Accomodation on UBC Campus
• Languages at Work contributes 60% of the student’s salary, including benefits for the seven weeks of the program, from June 22nd to August 7th;
• Recruitment of candidates: the Project Officer of CJFCB will provide the employers with candidates.
EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA :
• Seven weeks, from June 27th to August 12th;
• Salary = the province’s minimum, 10,25$/h;
• A minimum of 35 hours of work per week (over 35 hours, or in the case of a contract extension with the student, the employee’s salary must be covered by the employer).
To register online to Languages at Work: https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/