British Columbia’s Francophone Games (BCFG)
WHAT ARE THE BC FRANCOPHONE GAMES?
4 days and 3 nights of fun!
Do you like art, sports, sciences, or leadership? Register for the BC Francophone Games to be immersed in French culture, to have fun and to create lasting friendships with youth from all over British Columbia in this unique event! #CBenfamille
The next Games will take place form May 15th to 18th 2020!
Be sure to stay tuned to register on time and have the chance to be part of an event that will make you smile!
Our team is currently working on preparing the next edition.
. Allow French speaking british Columbians to gather in a fun, interesting and active event
. Promote art, science and sports to youth aged 14 to 25
. Showcase the french culture of BC youth through many activities that will bring the best out of them
. Create and strengthen friendships
Applications for the 2020 edition will open soon!
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
Every year we have a limited amount of available spots for the Youth Games, so we follow a precise selection process
1. Submission of application documents (online form, consent form signed by your parents, and participation check);
2. Outline of your motivation to be part of the Games;
3. Your involvement in the Conseil jeunesse and a balance of candidate for each workshop;
4. Embodiment of the values of the CJFCB;
5. Diversity of schools and geographic geographic areas of participants;
6. Balance in age groups (14-25 year old)
We always try to make our events accessible to all, however due to budgetary reasons, it is likely that we will request further financial participation from participants living in distant or remote areas.
The Youth Council offers a safe and inclusive environment in its events.
FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- Speaking French for the duration of the event is mandatory at any CJFCB’s activity. This is what brings us all together!
- All participants must respect curfew hours.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited. Any participant caught in detention of either alcohol or drugs will be sent home immediately, at his own or his parents expense.
- Participants are asked to be on time and respectful of the programming.
- Participants can’t leave the event unless they’ve been authorized to by a staff member.
- Smoking cigarettes is prohibited on the event’s main location.
- All participants are asked to dress up appropriately for the event.
- Any kind of bullying behaviour, stealing, loss or harassment will be dealt with accordingly to CJFCB’s policies.
- CJFCB do not assume any responsability toward any physical injuries or material losses that occured during its event.
- Any breach to the rules edicted above can lead to a loss of privileges, up to the participant being sent home to his own or his parents expense.
Make a donation to the project of the 28th Ed. of the BC Francophone Games !
Thanks to your generosity, the BC Francophone Games can continue to offer innovative programs that develop the full potential of youth and encourage community building. Make a donation!
• TRANSPORTATION OF YOUTH FROM DISTANT AND REMOTE AREAS
We try our best to make this event accessible to all. Certain participants, living in distant areas such as Northern British-Columbia or the Kootenay region have less access to these types of Francophone youth opportunities. Donations would allow for more youth from these regions to take part in these events.
• YOUTH ENGAGEMENT TOWARDS A GREEN MANDATE
The youth have mandated the CJFCB to be more “green” during our events. Donations would allow us to strengthen our green initiatives and reduce our environmental impact: waste reduction, purchasing reusable water bottles as promotional items (instead of plastic cups), other ecological and reusable promotional items, less paper consumption, becoming more digital, etc.
Thank you to our partners !
"A big THANKS to everyone who organized the 22nd edition of the francophone games and I hope to have the same experience next year!"
"Thanks for putting so much work into the making the games happen! I always have fun at these events."
"PLEASE! Bring back the dance activity next year! It is a pleasure to come to the games! And I hope that next year (which will be my 4th time going) the games will be just as fun!"