British Columbia’s Francophone Games (BCFG)
WHAT ARE THE BC FRANCOPHONE GAMES?
Do you like the arts, sports, science or the outdoors? Then the BC Francophone Games are for you. A unique event to fully experience your french, have a blast while building friendships with young people from across British Columbia!
The next BC Francophone Games will take place from May 15 to 18, 2020 In Penticton BC!
Registrations are open! Register quickly before March 31, 2020!
Do not forget to carry out these 3 steps so that your registration is complete:
Step 1: Complete the sign up form in French.
Step 2: Pay the participation fee of $ 150
** By e-Transfer **
· Address to send the e-Transfer: [email protected]
· The secret question must be: Name of the event
· The answer to the secret question must be (in capital letters): JFCB2020
· Add a note to the e-Transfer with: your First name + Last name (that of the participant) – Payment JFCB2020
The e-Transfer is valid for 30 days, it will only be accepted if you are selected. If you are not selected, the e-Transfer will be automatically returned to the payer’s account.
Write check out to the Francophone Youth Council of British Columbia
Mail the check to the following address:
Francophone Youth Council of British Columbia
1555 7th Avenue West
Vancouver, BC, V6J 1S1
Put a note with the name of the participant
>>>> Attention, you must make an e-Transfer or check per participant (and not per family, in case only one person was selected). <<<<
PROGRAM FOR THE 28TH EDITION!
Get ready for a fiery edition!
In the program :
Sports – Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Dragon boat
· Visual arts – Creation of a mural
· Outdoor – Mountain biking
· Cooking – Delights of the Okanagan
· Video games
· Fusion dance: let’s put on the show!
· Environmental Sciences
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
Each year there are more registrants than places available.
A selection committee made up of a member of our CA and the CJFCB team will meet in early April to select the 110 participants.
Selection criterias :
· Complete file (consent form and payment received before March 31st)
· Motivation written in the registration form (explain to us why you want to participate in the games and why you choose these disciplines)
· Demonstrating the values of the CJFCB
· The committee also ensures a balance at the level of the participants: geographic and school diversity, age …and more.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER AT JFCB
A call for volunteers will be launched at the end of March. Follow our social media to grasp this opportunity.
Thank you to our partners !