B.C.– Quebec Exchange Program
From March 20th 2022 to April 30th 2022
Grade 10 and 11 French Immersion students
Your contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING EDITION OF THE VIRTUAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
After the success of its fall edition which took place from October 18 to November 28, 2021, the virtual exchange program between students from Quebec and British Columbia is back for a spring edition!
It is an amazing opportunity to network with a student from Quebec, to meet other French-speaking youth from across BC and other Canadian provinces and of course to progress in learning French.
Grade 10 and 11 students in the French Immersion program have until February 11, 2022 to apply.
The exchange program runs for 6 weeks, from March 20 to April 30, 2022.
A TWO-PART PROGRAM
The program is structured around two main axes
An individual focus:
- Each student from BC is paired with a student from Quebec.
- The paired students meet by videoconference at least twice a week, according to their own schedule.
- Preset themes are proposed each week, with ideas for activities and challenges to guide the conversations.
- Each meeting between the twinned students is conducted half in French and half in English.
A group focus:
- Group activities, including an orientation session, are conducted in French among BC participants.
- Three group activities are held with all the participants of the exchange program from Canada. These meetings are held in French and English on the Discord platform during the weekend.
A detailed schedule will be sent to you before the start of the exchange!
I learned some new slang words, which was really fun for me. I never had the chance to learn things like this before.
I have a little more confidence when I speak with someone in French.
With my twin, we talked about a lot of things such as the sports we played, school, the books we like to read, the games we like and the differences between BC and Quebec in general.
It was cool to learn how normal things for me are different for kids in another province.
I have a new friend! I love talking to her and we have already made plans to visit each other.
APPLY UNTIL FEBRUARY 11, 2022
To apply, you must send an email to the program coordinator at email@example.com.
Receive a form
You will then receive a form to fill out, with instructions on how to submit it. Note that a French teacher from your school must support your application. Be sure to notify the teacher in question before he or she is contacted by the coordinator.
Matches and confirmations take place in early March 2022.
Got more questions?
Got more questions?Contact us