B.C.– Quebec Exchange Program
From October 30th 2023 to December 10th 2023
Grade 10 and 11 French Immersion students
Your contact : email@example.com
APPLY BEFORE OCTOBER 10TH, 2023 !
1. START YOUR APPLICATION Download the Application Form just above. If you prefer, you can contact the Program Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form via email.
2. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION Complete the Application Form. Don’t forget to include a photo. Note that a French teacher from your school must sponsor your application. Please ensure that they have agreed to support your application before you submit it, as they will be contacted by the Program Coordinator upon receiving your application.
3. LAST STEP Keep an eye on your inbox ! Matches and confirmations will take place in late October 2023.
A TWO-PART PROGRAM
The program is structured around two main axes
An individual focus :
- Each student from BC is paired with a student from Quebec.
- The paired students meet by videoconference at least twice a week, according to their own schedule.
- Topics are suggested each week, with ideas for activities and challenges to guide the conversations.
- Each meeting between the twinned students is conducted half in French and half in English.
A group focus :
- An orientation session for BC participants will be conducted in French. Additional group activities amongst BC participants may be offered based on the motivation of participants.
- Three group activities are held for all exchange program participants across Canada. These meetings are held in French and English on the Discord platform during the weekend.
A detailed schedule will be sent to participants before the start of the exchange!
I have a new friend! I love talking to her and we have already made plans to visit each other.
I learned some new slang words, which was really fun for me. I never had the chance to learn things like this before.
I am more comfortable in conversation, and I can say more difficult sentences now. I have found good friends in this program.
With my twin, we talked about a lot of things such as the sports we played, school, the books we like to read, the games we like and the differences between BC and Quebec in general.
It was cool to learn how normal things for me are different for kids in another province.
Got more questions?
Got more questions?Contact us